The Management Edge® is an Organization Development (OD) consulting firm. The Management Edge consultants are available to advise and assist clients on issues across the spectrum of management, organization, and business improvement. All of our work is based on solid research in effective organizational, group and individual dynamics. Our consultants have exemplary OD backgrounds and a commitment to continual learning in these fields.
Organization Development/Organization Effectiveness depends on gathering good data. Any plans developed from inadequate or erroneous data will, of course, be unsuccessful. The following sequence illustrates the beginning of an OD intervention:
- Data gathering—surveys, interviews, observations (design is very important at this step to ensure that the data gathered is actually complete and candid.
- Analysis of the data.
- Organizational diagnosis based on the analyzed data.
- Reports with recommendations and options to consider for implementing positive changes to increase organizational effectiveness, productivity, etc., depending on the client’s goals.
Some of the other OD processes that follow organization diagnosis are listed below:
- Live data feedback to managers and staff
- Action planning and implementation
- Culture change initiatives
- Large group interventions
- Change management
- Process Consulting and Process Mapping
- Strategic planning
Within the context of Organization Development/Organization Effectiveness, TME specializes in those aspects of the organization which deal with productivity, collaborative work processes and workplace interactions, such as, team building, partnering, many types of interpersonal and communication skills training, dealing with difficult employees, conflict resolution and change management.