A two-day course: Understanding one’s boss and how to effectively communicate and problem solve with him/her is an essential tool for creating a supportive work environment for oneself and a path forward. The MBTI® and/or DiSC® are utilized to teach the different workstyles and what the implications are for creating an effective, satisfying working relationship. Negotiation and conflict management skills are included. Focus is on research, tools, skill development. This course is very interactive. Instruction with PowerPoint, structured activities in small and large groups, action planning and discussion groups are utilized. (Assessments utilized: MBTI® and/or DiSC®). Create effective Actions Plans and accountability.
Learning Objectives: After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand their own workstyle and the assumptions, gifts, blind spots and challenges which accompany it
- Develop skills to ascertain some of their manager’s workstyle
- Understand how to work effectively with their manager no matter what the manager’s workstyle is
- Develop skills in communication, including listening effectively, clarifying assumptions, ensuring that data and requests received from the manager are clear and unambiguous, and stating own’s own needs, issues and requirements in language that their manager can understand
- Understand the Emotional Intelligence model and how it applies to the relationship with manager
- Develop some basic negotiating skills and strategies
- Develop understanding of how to manage conflict, tension and misunderstanding with one’s manager
- Develop skills at determining the manager’s priorities, needs, goals, and challenges
- Develop an Action Plan for further skill development
- Practice coaching through numerous role plays
- Understand how to coach different styles
- Understand the importance and impact of developing emotional intelligence in through the coaching process
Contact us for more information about this course.